Sunday 5 April 2015

Real Estate: Mill Conversion

Gorgeous... and for sale. Check it out on their website!


Since Lanark County has a lot of old grist mills, it is pretty common to see them converted into residential apartments. I love it. This one is from the 1820s.


This is a great example of adaptive reuse.



I love the old beams, and I especially like that they show the mill's stonework a little too.


I also love that they kept the industrial feel with this staircase.


A peak into the kitchen in this view... more on that later.



Interesting feature... For entertaining: a closet that opens up to reveal a wine fridge, dishwasher and sink. Perfection.


The kitchen - lots of storage.


Back into the main room - loving all of the wood and glass doors.


Heading upstairs...


Okay, one more look at these stairs...


The same feel as downstairs, loving the transom windows above.


And lots and lots of space.


A modern bathroom with old-world styling.


The third gas fireplace and an Ikea wardrobe. LOL


Can we talk about this view?? It is right on the Mississippi (yes we also have a Mississippi River in Carleton Place, ON)


I love this little town of ours...

2 comments:

  1. Shut up and take my money. The original wooden beams and doors are stunning, and the staircase + industrial touches are even more so. It's so stunning. This Carleton Place you speak of. I am very intrigued.

    The randomly placed IKEA wardrobe. I actually LOLed!!! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? So funny, and random. The things I could do in that space. So. Many. Things. I usually like to post places that have style, but the bare architecture of these last two, have been too fantastic to not post.

      Delete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!