Monday 1 October 2012

Reclaimed Wood Door

Women in developing countries who carry things on their heads, are remarkably strong! How do I say this with such conviction? I just carried a solid wood door 6 blocks on my head and I thought my neck was going to snap like a twig.

On a side note; I discovered another use for my roller derby helmet...

This is my new (old) door:



So what am I going to do with it? Well there is an awful lot of inspiration to draw from on the internets.
Click 'read more' below to see some of them.


For example:


This reclaimed door table came from www.outoftowntownie.com


This clever door coffee table came from  www.killerbdesigns.com


This magnetic chalk board came from http://eleven-life.com


An awesome coat rack came from http://ilovechartreuse.com


Finally, this beautifully simple leaning door w/ mirror came from www.pincookie.com

Can't wait to clean this door up and re-purpose it!

8 comments:

  1. This is one of the easiest projects I will be working on this week, so the reveal post will not take long to go up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg... tell me what did you do with it... I'm dying to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great find --I need it for the shed...please send

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I think it is officially stuck to my wall now, but maybe the next one!

      Delete
  4. So sorry that we were not able to come out to see you guys and what you have done. This is a wonderful way to be able to watch you decorate...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the clue to your identity... LOL.
      No worries on not being able to see the new house. It will happen another time. I will be posting the reveal tomorrow (maybe later today).

      Delete
  5. Oh, really like the weekly chalkboard door as well as the mirror door. The first one is very cute, but I'd be worried of the practicality (balancing act of not letting anything slip into the panels, ie, a massive mug of tea).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I think my favorite is the mirror. For the tables, a glass top would definitely be in order. I hope you like the reveal of my door as well. I am thinking of adding some cursive writing too, but definitely after I make the post.

      Delete

Check us out on Pinterest and Instagram too!